TheDOJO Home Page
Our martial arts school TheDOJO is located at 52 Park Avenue in Rutherford NJ 07070 USA (Get Directions to TheDOJO HERE Google Maps). We are right next door to Dunkin' Donuts & Across The Street from The Williams Center. Parking - There is street parking on Park Ave. and Glen Road, also the Kip Parking Garage is Behind TheDOJO and we have a back entrance to our school. (CLICK HERE - To see a video of our location and parking for TheDOJO)
We teach young people, teens & adults —and we do it as good (and we think better) than anyone in town. We unleash human potential through lessons in our martial arts education of intelligent curriculum. On this website you’ll see just enough information to give you an idea of what we do —and the next step is to drop in or phone us, send us a note and feel free to ask us any questions we might not have yet answered. Your first month with us is free to try it out, while we see if you qualify for membership. Find out more by clicking on "Info" in the Menu Bar or an image above.
The step after that is to either come watch a class and/or make an appointment for our Free Month Introductory Course. Click Here for One Free Month to Try us out. Once you and your child have gone through our introductory program (like test-driving a car), you’ll know just about everything you need to know about us, including who is teaching, what’s being taught, and how much to budget for lessons.
If you are Ready to Get Started, then to your Right Click the Ready to Get Started Link - Complete the questionnaire and we will contact you shortly. If you are not Ready to get started now - Parents, stay informed with articles on safety & life lessons for children. Simply subscribe to your right under "Don't Miss a Thing" by entering your email.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Sensei Dan Rominski
Martial Arts Educator
5th Degree Black Belt
Our Martial Art Style or "What We Teach" in Less Than 100 Words
We teach punching, kicking, blocking, wrestling, grappling & every aspect of the arts of self-defense that we ourselves have studied. It's good stuff & not only are we good at what we do, but every teacher of our team is working to improve his or her skills, daily. Speaking of who is teaching, Sensei Dan the Master Teacher & Owner of TheDOJO can be found teaching most every class assisted by instructors.
What we do best is teach students, be it children, teens or adults how to overcome obstacles, set goals & work well with others.
We offer a Free Introductory Course to any child, parent or individual interested in seeing exactly what we do.
Some of the Styles Taught at the advanced level:
Okinawa Goju Ryu Karate, Shorin Ryu Karate, Judo, Jujutsu (Jiujitsu/JiuJutsu/Jiu-Jitsu), Kendo, Ryu Kyu Kobudo, Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido, Kung Fu, Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu, Aikido, and Reality Based Self Defense Training to name but a few.
Please contact me to speak specifically about any style of martial arts you may be particularly interested in.
Santa Visits TheDOJO in Rutherford NJ with Sensei Dan Rominski
This Saturday 9:30 am to 10:30 am attend your regular class time!
- Come Join a fun Karate class with Santa this Saturday only.
- Regular Kids class will still be on and adult class is on. Attend your regular Saturday class time of Little Ninjas ages 4-6 years old from 9:30 am to 10 am, Big Kid class is 10 am to 10:30 am. Adult Class is 10:30 am to 12 pm, sorry adults Santa will have left by then and you get a regular grueling workout with me.
- Santa will teach a short part of class and then kids can do the normal Santa thing…individually meet Santa, Picture on lap, tell him what they want for Christmas, Parents, feel free to dress up and get a family photo, all is free just bring your own camera.
- This Saturday December 9th from 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Kids can either wear a chute Christmas outfit for the picture or their regular Karate Uniform.
- The schedule is a little organic depending upon how many children attend, please plan accordingly.
- Everyone will still get Credit for Attending Class, although it will be a little different than normal.
Any questions please call or email Sensei Dan (201) 933-3050
Sensei Dan Rominski